Sunday, March 15, 2009

we are a gush and a glo



Phyllis and Lili don fur. We wear Fendi.


Word is out- Alf and his brother Jack send luvies
for the eBook all the way from Muizenberg Cape Town 1934


Don't forget your handbag.
Are you wearing Vivienne Westwood, dear?


What about me? I heard there's a launch. I too am into literary memoir.
So nu? Whose the shlemiel who thinks I can't read? This bear did time
at Stanford University. I did them all from Chekov to Sam Shephard.
Don't lets forget Alan Ayckbourn down in Scarborough.


Forget Afrika! Up anchors- the Barnett’s are off to party
at the Bull and Bush. Little Robot’s doing a reading.
We wear Chanel pantihose and Mainbocher designed our coats!


Hush. Its late. No time for tea.

IMM by Hilary Marnaney
A literary memoir in the genre of a Japanese I-novel.

I Married My Mother uncovers the complex relationship between a mother and a daugther, from a dreamlike quality of wonder to fragile emotional states. A surreal memoir about a little girl growing up in Cape Town in the fifties, set against the backdrop of a white middle class society, seen through the eyes and voice of the child. A holographic journey into the psychological effects of hosting the ‘enemy within’, the heroine scarred by the myriad reflections of her mother’s negative entities.


Publisher
www.dinky-bloc.com
Bookmark and Share

Dinky's web design plus creative push by chocolatecake and two_weeks

No comments: